Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use (the “User Agreement”) before using s01ve Cyber Solutions’ website services and applications. By using the website and any hosted tools included therein, you agree to be bound by the terms expressed in this User Agreement.
1. S01ve Scanner notes:
- The S01ve Scanner (the “Tool”) is provided free of charge through the s01ve.com website.
- The tool is not intended to be a replacement for qualified IT and/or cybersecurity support, and is intended for informational or educational purposes only.
- Risk-related analyses and statements generated by the tool are statements of opinion of possible risks to entities as of the date they are expressed. It is not possible with present technology to issue statements of fact as to the current or historical security in totality of an entity.
This agreement describes the relationship between the host and provider of the website and services, s01ve Cyber Solutions, and visitors, partners, and potential clients who may wish to use the website and hosted tools (the “User”). These terms and conditions detail the permissions and limitations for the lawful use of s01ve’s web-based utilities, and their intended purposes.
3. Agreement Coverage
This agreement covers the use of the s01ve website, the S01ve Scanner, and any other hosted utilities that may be added at a later date. The website and hosted services may be updated from time to time, without notice to the User, and at the express direction of s01ve Cyber Solutions. S01ve utilities, such as the S01ve Scanner, may occasionally be hosted on third-party domains, websites, or services. This agreement will only be in force in the absence of Terms on said third-party hosts.
4. Permitted Applications
The services hosted on s01ve.com, and through s01ve-approved portals, are intended only for the use and benefit of the User, and User-owned systems. By visiting s01ve.com, s01ve-approved portals, or by using the S01ve Scanner, you agree to only use s01ve tool(s) on systems for which you are the owner, or for which you have the express permission of the owner. Failure to adhere to this permission may result in a ban from using s01ve utilities and possible criminal charges.
5. Warranties and Risk
The services hosted on s01ve.com, or through s01ve-approved portals, are provided as-is and without any warranty, express or implied. Your use of the s01ve tool(s) and any generated assessments is at your own discretion and risk. Except where prohibited by law, s01ve Cyber Solutions expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
S01ve does not warrant that any assessment generated by its online resources will meet all of your requirements, be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, nor that any and all errors in assessments will be corrected.
6. S01ve’s Responsibilities
- S01ve is responsible for ensuring that any assessment utilities it hosts, including the S01ve Scanner, will undertake tasks and assessments in a benign, non-destructive way.
- S01ve is committed to publicly reporting the discovery of any breach of security or failure of its tools and utilities that may result in harm or compromise to the user.
7. User Responsibilities
- By using the s01ve.com website and any hosted utilities, including the S01ve Scanner, the user agrees to only run the tool on systems for which they are the owner, or are authorized by the owner to scan.
- The user agrees to only use s01ve utilities to generate assessments, and not to attack, deny, or reverse-engineer a third party’s assets or entities.
- The user agrees to use s01ve’s utilities as-is, and not to reverse-engineer, compromise, or subvert the utilities for uses outside of their intended role.
- The user agrees to not host or repurpose s01ve utilities or tools on theirs or a third-party’s servers without express permission from s01ve to do so.
- The user agrees to notify s01ve of any malfunction, suspected attack, or subversion of its website, utilities, and tools by contacting us at email@example.com.
8. Support Activities
S01ve will not guarantee support for its website, utilities, or tools. Any support offered for the tool will be provided at s01ve’s discretion and on a best-effort basis.
By using the s01ve website and the S01ve Scanner tool, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless s01ve Cyber Solutions and its partners, vendors, subsidiaries, and parent companies, to the extent permitted by law, against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities, or expenses that may be caused by the use or misuse of s01ve’s utilities or tools.
This agreement does not guarantee or indemnify any use, mis-use, deconstruction, or subversion employed by a third party using s01ve’s utilities or tools.
Any legitimate use provided by a contracted third-party will be subject to that party’s Terms and Conditions of Use.